Last week was happily more productive than previous weeks, at least as far as my novel went -- and this despite the holiday and the fact that my husband was home from work all week long. I am hoping for even more progress this week, now that hubby is back to work -- though admittedly, that might be a tall order, since I have several things (riding lessons, doctor's appointments, and my mother, oh my!) conspiring to take up my mornings.
1. Novels: I worked on my novel four days out of seven last week -- I missed Thursday and both days over the weekend, which isn't bad, considering Michael was home the entire week (usually I find that pretty distracting). Not only that, but I got several hours of work done each day I worked on it. Most of that time was spent finishing up some research, but I am happy to report that I also got back to work on revisions on Friday after finishing the book. This week I am hoping that I will get back into the swing of making the revisions I marked up in the manuscript all those months ago. I want to get it done before NaNo starts again in November!
2. Blogs and websites: No progress here.
3. Other writing projects: No progress here.
4. Books: Last night I am happy to say I got back to reading Les Miz. The trail had gone cold, so I spent the first page or so feeling a little disjointed and confused as to what was going on, but I remembered pretty quickly. I am hoping to finish the book this week so I still have time to read the book for book club next week.
5. Horses: The horses were a bit ignored this past week -- I had a nice ride on Panama on Tuesday (one of my days off work), and Vidhya rode Rondo on Thursday, but that was it, since I didn't get out over the weekend. I had a chiropractor out for Panama Thursday morning to see if we could fix whatever issue has been causing him to dislike his left lead canter (usually his favorite lead, so his unwillingness to pick it up was concerning). I still need to ride him to see if the chiro fixed the problem -- hopefully later today!
Not a bad week, especially I had a lot of distractions around -- not only did Michael have the week off, but we also had a new TV delivered on Friday, so we spent the weekend setting it up and getting the furniture moved around. I am hoping that this week will be productive as well, despite some demands on my mornings later in the week!
Monday, September 09, 2013
Goals check for the week of September 2
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I try to keep this blog mostly writing-related, but every once in a while I see something in the news that I just have to comment about. Tod...
This is a very long post, but the information contained in it is potentially very important, so please bear with me. On Monday I read a ver...
Please see the bottom of this post for an update. Quite recently, I blogged about an email I received from Rob Palmer, the president of G...
Please scroll down for an update on this post. My posts on Freelance Work Exchange ( now GoFreelance.com ) have always attracted a lot of...
Not long ago, I was browsing on Facebook when I saw an ad for a software that automagically generates blog posts for you. This was news to m...
Several months ago, Rob Palmer emailed me regarding my blog posts regarding GoFreelance.com, formerly known as Freelance Work Exchange or Fr...
Interesting title for a meme. Anyway, I've been tagged thanks to The Insane Writer . I was confused by the rules of the post, so I trace...
When I was writing an article today, I used the word "agreeance," and Word automatically flagged it. I was flabbergasted. Althou...
I have a love-hate relationship with productivity. I love to get things done, but I'm also a horrible procrastinator. I'm constant...
If you have signed up for the Muse Online Writing Conference , don't forget that your event choices are due by Tuesday, September 25th. ...
Post a Comment