I'm a few days late on this post, mostly because of Tax Day falling on Monday -- I procrastinated horribly this year, and not only had to prepare my tax returns the night before, but also had to update my spreadsheets with all my income and expenses for the last half of the year.
Last week was actually not too bad, though. We've been getting some spring snowstorms, so I didn't do much with the horses, but I got enough done on my novel to make up for it.
1. Novels: I worked on my novels every day last week except Thursday, which is my busy day. I haven't been working on revisions, but on a short story that takes place in the same world -- an idea I got from Anomaly Con, the steampunk and sci-fi convention I went to the last weekend in March. On Saturday, I actually finished the story and got ahead for the first time this month on my word count goal for the April session of Camp NaNo.
I am still plugging through Dracula -- being busy elsewhere has made my reading progress rather slow, but as soon as I finish it I'll be going back to working on revisions, especially since I succeeded in finishing the first of several short stories I had in mind. I have a couple others that I will write later in the month as well!
2. Blogs and websites: No progress here last week.
3. Other writing projects: No progress here last week.
4. Books: I still need to go back to finish Les Miz -- hopefully once I am done rereading Dracula!
5. Horses: With all the snow, and of course Panama's weight struggles, I haven't been riding much. I've been out there daily though to feed Panama a big bowl of beet pulp every day, so the horses have still been getting attention!
Not a bad week, especially as far as the novel is concerned. This week won't look so good on paper because of taxes and a couple other things that have kept me busy, but I am hoping to make up for that today and tomorrow!
Thursday, April 18, 2013
Goals check for week of April 8
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I try to keep this blog mostly writing-related, but every once in a while I see something in the news that I just have to comment about. Tod...
This is a very long post, but the information contained in it is potentially very important, so please bear with me. On Monday I read a very...
Please see the bottom of this post for an update. Quite recently, I blogged about an email I received from Rob Palmer, the president of GoF...
Please scroll down for an update on this post. My posts on Freelance Work Exchange ( now GoFreelance.com ) have always attracted a lot of h...
Several months ago, Rob Palmer emailed me regarding my blog posts regarding GoFreelance.com, formerly known as Freelance Work Exchange or Fr...
Not long ago, I was browsing on Facebook when I saw an ad for a software that automagically generates blog posts for you. This was news to m...
Interesting title for a meme. Anyway, I've been tagged thanks to The Insane Writer . I was confused by the rules of the post, so I trace...
When I was writing an article today, I used the word "agreeance," and Word automatically flagged it. I was flabbergasted. Althou...
I have a love-hate relationship with productivity. I love to get things done, but I'm also a horrible procrastinator. I'm constant...
If you have signed up for the Muse Online Writing Conference , don't forget that your event choices are due by Tuesday, September 25th. ...
Post a Comment