Last week was actually a much better week in most respects, at least compared to the week of January 21st. It was nice to have a bit of a comeback, both on my novel and on my riding. I still need to work on making sure I ride both my horses, instead of just Panama, but just having done more writing and riding makes me feel much better about the success of my week.
1. Novels: Tuesday evening I finally did something that has needed to be done for a long time: I sat down with note cards and started working out the exact timeline of my novels. I still have to finish assigning dates, but the bulk of the work is done. I really needed a clear "big picture" of when the fictional events occur as opposed to the actual historical events that I've worked into the novel, and I also needed to get an idea of how much time is passing in the first novel. Working out the timeline also tells me that the first novel needs a little more meat to the middle of it -- I skip to the ending a little too quickly, I think. It means more work will be involved in revisions that I'd thought, but better to discover this now, right before I start the major revisions on the first novel.
After figuring out (for the most part) the timeline for the series so far, I had an informal write-in with a novelist friend Wednesday night, and I got back to the novel I recently put an ending on. I needed to go back and write a chapter that I'd skipped over by accident (again, timeline problems), and I worked on that Wednesday and a little bit Thursday. Nothing since then, but I plan to get back to work on it today.
2. Websites and blogs: I'm getting a little tired of saying "No progress yet" here, so maybe I'll do some of this during the next week. I will probably start with one of the easier sites that need to be overhauled.
3. Other writing projects: Ditto the above -- getting tired of saying "No progress yet" -- but unfortunately I need to (or at least want to) get to at least a certain point with the website/blogs overhauls before I can get to work on this.
4. Books: As good as my intentions were to get to Les Miz next, I started reading the February selection for the sci-fi/fantasy book club I belong to. It's a really long book and I wanted to leave myself plenty of time to read it before we meet next. Hopefully I'll be able to go on to Les Miz after that.
5. Horses: I rode Panama three times last week: Monday, Thursday (for my lesson), and Saturday (for a fun photo shoot -- a friend's husband offered to take pictures of me jumping Panama). Nothing on Rondo. Like I said, I need to work on that.
Not a bad week, all said and done -- there are areas I still need to work on, but I am making progress overall, and especially on what I consider the more important things (like the novel and the horses)!
Monday, February 04, 2013
Goals check for the week of January 28
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I try to keep this blog mostly writing-related, but every once in a while I see something in the news that I just have to comment about. Tod...
This is a very long post, but the information contained in it is potentially very important, so please bear with me. On Monday I read a very...
Please see the bottom of this post for an update. Quite recently, I blogged about an email I received from Rob Palmer, the president of GoF...
Please scroll down for an update on this post. My posts on Freelance Work Exchange ( now GoFreelance.com ) have always attracted a lot of h...
Several months ago, Rob Palmer emailed me regarding my blog posts regarding GoFreelance.com, formerly known as Freelance Work Exchange or Fr...
Not long ago, I was browsing on Facebook when I saw an ad for a software that automagically generates blog posts for you. This was news to m...
Interesting title for a meme. Anyway, I've been tagged thanks to The Insane Writer . I was confused by the rules of the post, so I trace...
When I was writing an article today, I used the word "agreeance," and Word automatically flagged it. I was flabbergasted. Althou...
I have a love-hate relationship with productivity. I love to get things done, but I'm also a horrible procrastinator. I'm constant...
If you have signed up for the Muse Online Writing Conference , don't forget that your event choices are due by Tuesday, September 25th. ...
Post a Comment