Last week flew by almost too fast to keep tabs on it. Monday was Martin Luther King Day, and I didn't get anything done then -- I had lunch with a friend who is coming out of a long recovery from surgery, and then I took the girl I nanny for to the Grand Prix jumping show at the National Western Stock Show. Otherwise, I am still trying to figure out where my week went. I didn't ride that much, didn't work on my novel, didn't do much with anything to show for it, other than reconnecting with a client and lining up some new work, and doing some mid-week work for a disabled single dad I run errands for (usually on the weekends).
Even though it will be pretty dismal, here is the lineup anyway:
1. Novels: No progress on the writing itself, although I did start reading one of the books on my list for general research and mood-setting. Putting an ending on my novel apparently went to my head, and I haven't gotten back to writing ever since. I do have a write-in with friends scheduled for tomorrow, though, so that should force me to get some work done. In the meantime, I have needed to work out some kinks in my series timeline -- today's task, most likely.
2. Websites and blogs: Still no progress here, although I need to get cracking on this!
3. Other writing projects: Same as above!
4. Books: As mentioned above, after reading The Hobbit I started reading a book that was on my to-read list as general research for my novel -- a book about Al Capone. Still need to get to Les Miz and the others on my list.
5. Horses: Again, I didn't ride as much as I should have, partly because of the mid-week work for my weekend job. I remember there was something I was working on the other days that kept me from going to the barn the other mornings, but now I can't remember what that was or why it was so important. How terrible is that? I did have great rides on both horses on Thursday, though (the day my trainer comes), and I rode Panama again on Sunday.
It wasn't a great week for meeting goals, but it was a shortened week because of the holiday, so I suppose it's not as bad when you think of it that way. Better luck this week!