Last week flew by almost too fast to keep tabs on it. Monday was Martin Luther King Day, and I didn't get anything done then -- I had lunch with a friend who is coming out of a long recovery from surgery, and then I took the girl I nanny for to the Grand Prix jumping show at the National Western Stock Show. Otherwise, I am still trying to figure out where my week went. I didn't ride that much, didn't work on my novel, didn't do much with anything to show for it, other than reconnecting with a client and lining up some new work, and doing some mid-week work for a disabled single dad I run errands for (usually on the weekends).
Even though it will be pretty dismal, here is the lineup anyway:
1. Novels: No progress on the writing itself, although I did start reading one of the books on my list for general research and mood-setting. Putting an ending on my novel apparently went to my head, and I haven't gotten back to writing ever since. I do have a write-in with friends scheduled for tomorrow, though, so that should force me to get some work done. In the meantime, I have needed to work out some kinks in my series timeline -- today's task, most likely.
2. Websites and blogs: Still no progress here, although I need to get cracking on this!
3. Other writing projects: Same as above!
4. Books: As mentioned above, after reading The Hobbit I started reading a book that was on my to-read list as general research for my novel -- a book about Al Capone. Still need to get to Les Miz and the others on my list.
5. Horses: Again, I didn't ride as much as I should have, partly because of the mid-week work for my weekend job. I remember there was something I was working on the other days that kept me from going to the barn the other mornings, but now I can't remember what that was or why it was so important. How terrible is that? I did have great rides on both horses on Thursday, though (the day my trainer comes), and I rode Panama again on Sunday.
It wasn't a great week for meeting goals, but it was a shortened week because of the holiday, so I suppose it's not as bad when you think of it that way. Better luck this week!
Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Goals check for the week of January 21
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I try to keep this blog mostly writing-related, but every once in a while I see something in the news that I just have to comment about. Tod...
This is a very long post, but the information contained in it is potentially very important, so please bear with me. On Monday I read a ver...
Please see the bottom of this post for an update. Quite recently, I blogged about an email I received from Rob Palmer, the president of G...
Please scroll down for an update on this post. My posts on Freelance Work Exchange ( now GoFreelance.com ) have always attracted a lot of...
Not long ago, I was browsing on Facebook when I saw an ad for a software that automagically generates blog posts for you. This was news to m...
Several months ago, Rob Palmer emailed me regarding my blog posts regarding GoFreelance.com, formerly known as Freelance Work Exchange or Fr...
Interesting title for a meme. Anyway, I've been tagged thanks to The Insane Writer . I was confused by the rules of the post, so I trace...
When I was writing an article today, I used the word "agreeance," and Word automatically flagged it. I was flabbergasted. Althou...
I have a love-hate relationship with productivity. I love to get things done, but I'm also a horrible procrastinator. I'm constant...
If you have signed up for the Muse Online Writing Conference , don't forget that your event choices are due by Tuesday, September 25th. ...
Post a Comment