With the holiday yesterday and the Grand Prix horse show I went to, I wasn't able to blog about last week's progress on my goals for 2013. I hadn't forgotten, though, so here it is! The week was overall a good one, with a milestone reached on my novel and some more progress with my allocation of horse time.
1. Novels: The week started out somewhat rough, with only a couple hundred words written Monday and Tuesday -- but still, that's progress, right? At least I worked on it. Wednesday was when I really made progress, though: I joined a NaNo-style write-in with a friend, and wrote close to 2,000 words, went home, and wrote another 1,500, finishing the novel. I have a chapter that I skipped inadvertently, and need to go back and write, but I am wondering if I should make that part of the revisions -- I only ironed out the timeline as I wrote, which is how I skipped over it, and I am going to have to make some revisions to what I already wrote before I figured out the timeline in order to make the chapter fit. Does that make sense?
So if I decide to write the chapter as part of my revisions, I am done with the novel. If I decide to write it now, I have only that to do before I go on to finish the major revisions of the first book. To celebrate, I took a break on fiction, and used the rest of the week to catch up on my horse time.
2. Websites and blogs: No work yet on the overhauls, but I am getting better about blogging regularly. This is huge, since I haven't blogged regularly in at least a year.
3. Other writing projects: No progress yet.
4. Books: I am rereading The Hobbit right now, but after I finish I plan to start on Les Miz.
5. Horses: I still need to find a way to work Rondo more often, but I did ride Panama every day last week from Wednesday until Saturday. Part of the reason was that I was trying a new saddle out, and I only had a few days to do so before I had to make a decision about whether to buy it. It worked out all right, and I bought it, along with a lovely show bridle to match. I am planning to show more this year, so now that my horse has been outfitted, I just need to get some show clothes for myself!
Not a bad week, although I do need to make sure I get back to my novel -- or start working on revisions of the first novel -- before the trail goes cold!
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Goals check for the week of January 14
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I try to keep this blog mostly writing-related, but every once in a while I see something in the news that I just have to comment about. Tod...
This is a very long post, but the information contained in it is potentially very important, so please bear with me. On Monday I read a very...
Please see the bottom of this post for an update. Quite recently, I blogged about an email I received from Rob Palmer, the president of GoF...
Please scroll down for an update on this post. My posts on Freelance Work Exchange ( now GoFreelance.com ) have always attracted a lot of h...
Several months ago, Rob Palmer emailed me regarding my blog posts regarding GoFreelance.com, formerly known as Freelance Work Exchange or Fr...
Not long ago, I was browsing on Facebook when I saw an ad for a software that automagically generates blog posts for you. This was news to m...
Interesting title for a meme. Anyway, I've been tagged thanks to The Insane Writer . I was confused by the rules of the post, so I trace...
When I was writing an article today, I used the word "agreeance," and Word automatically flagged it. I was flabbergasted. Althou...
I have a love-hate relationship with productivity. I love to get things done, but I'm also a horrible procrastinator. I'm constant...
If you have signed up for the Muse Online Writing Conference , don't forget that your event choices are due by Tuesday, September 25th. ...
Congratulations! Getting that novel completed, even before revisions, is such a great feeling, isn't it?
Enjoy time with your babies. :)
Oh, it definitely feels great to have an ending! I just have to make sure it doesn't go to my head, as if everything were finished. (When you see today's post you'll know what I mean...)
Post a Comment