Last week was a difficult week for me. I didn't ride all week, and I only did minimal work on my novel. My first foray into a writing critique group was difficult for me, and although it wasn't all bad, I have struggled with wanting to write the past week. The horses got very little attention too, primarily because my week conspired to keep me away.
So this will probably be the most dismal post of the year as far as my goals go, but I'm going to write it anyway.
1. Novels: I did work on my novel 3 days out of 7 last week, which I suppose isn't terrible, but it wasn't productive work. I made the writing group's changes that I agreed with Wednesday night, and marked a few more places to rewrite. Thursday I did log some time working on "research," but it was primarily watching silent films from the early 20s. Saturday I did some more research, though I can't remember for the life of me what I was researching. Hopefully this week will be more productive...
2. Blogs and websites: No progress yet.
3. Other writing projects: No progress yet.
4. Books: I've been picking away a bit at Les Miz again, but I spent most of the week reading research material about the 1920s and a challenged book in honor of Banned Books Week.
5. Horses: Between being sick over the weekend, getting my eyes dilated for an exam on Monday (that usually takes me out of commission for the rest of the day), and being very busy the rest of the week, I didn't get out to the barn to ride until Sunday evening. A friend went with me and rode Rondo while I rode Panama. It was a good ride involving a little jumping, but it had been over a week since I'd ridden last, and my legs sure felt it the next day!
So... not a great week. This week hasn't gotten off to a great start either (part of the reason I am only now posting about last week), but hopefully I'll finish it off on the upswing.