I had a great week last week! I had a horse show to get Panama ready for, which meant lots of riding, and I did a reasonably good job of balancing that with working on my novel. I also did all this while still balancing a day spent with my mom on Wednesday. I like the feel of having had a balanced week, where I managed not to neglect any one thing.
1. Novels: I worked on revisions four days out of seven last week, with massive progress on Monday and Tuesday and below-average progress on Wednesday and Sunday. I knew I likely wouldn't get to work on it Thursday, Friday, or Saturday -- Saturday was the day of the show, and the two days prior we were doing a lot to get ready for it.
2. Blogs and websites: No progress.
3. Other writing projects: No progress.
4. Books: I didn't have much reading time this past week -- as usual, a lot of my reading time has become novel revision time -- but last night I did finish the book club selection that I had taken a break from Les Miz for several weeks ago. Before I get back to Les Miz, though, I have one quick YA read (a library book) to get through. I'm already 20 percent through the book, though, so like I said, it should be a quick read.
5. Horses: I only rode Rondo once last week, for my lesson on Thursday, but was much more successful with Panama since I wanted to get him ready for the show. He was ridden five days in a row -- I rode him Tuesday and Wednesday, V. and I both rode him Thursday and Friday, and then of course we both rode him at the show. He did well after he got over his anxiety attack first thing in the morning, caused by the fact that we trailered over with his "girlfriend" and then they got separated once we started showing.
This week is the first full week of summer vacation for the kids I take care of, so it will be interesting to see whether I can still maintain a balance of writing and riding while I am working additional hours over the summer!
Monday, June 10, 2013
Goals check for the week of June 3
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I try to keep this blog mostly writing-related, but every once in a while I see something in the news that I just have to comment about. Tod...
This is a very long post, but the information contained in it is potentially very important, so please bear with me. On Monday I read a very...
Please see the bottom of this post for an update. Quite recently, I blogged about an email I received from Rob Palmer, the president of GoF...
Please scroll down for an update on this post. My posts on Freelance Work Exchange ( now GoFreelance.com ) have always attracted a lot of h...
Several months ago, Rob Palmer emailed me regarding my blog posts regarding GoFreelance.com, formerly known as Freelance Work Exchange or Fr...
Not long ago, I was browsing on Facebook when I saw an ad for a software that automagically generates blog posts for you. This was news to m...
Interesting title for a meme. Anyway, I've been tagged thanks to The Insane Writer . I was confused by the rules of the post, so I trace...
When I was writing an article today, I used the word "agreeance," and Word automatically flagged it. I was flabbergasted. Althou...
I have a love-hate relationship with productivity. I love to get things done, but I'm also a horrible procrastinator. I'm constant...
If you have signed up for the Muse Online Writing Conference , don't forget that your event choices are due by Tuesday, September 25th. ...
Post a Comment