Last week is a bit of a blur in my mind -- what with worrying about Panama's back and several other responsibilities, I didn't move forward much on either working on my novel, or riding Rondo more often as I had planned. I am, however, plugging along on Les Miz.
1. Novels: The same as last week, I am afraid -- no progress except for some continued efforts to get some new character, book cover, and miscellaneous other images for marketing and such. The most I did on the actual novels was to open up the file on the most recent one, the one on which I am still filling in the missing chapter, and look at where I left off the last time I worked on it. Hopefully this week I will do more on it!
2. Blogs and websites: No progress yet, unless you count thinking about what I'd like to do to my writing blog and website (this one). I have some rough ideas, but so far that's it.
3. Other writing projects: No progress yet.
4. Books: As I mentioned above, I am reading Les Miserables right now, one of the books on my reading list for 2013. So far it is slow going, which I expected, but not because it's boring, as I had feared -- just because there is a lot of it.
5. Horses: Panama was ridden quite a lot last week -- I rode him Wednesday and Thursday to check his back before the vet came, but it appears it has gotten better on its own, so the vet said just to watch it for the next week or two and keep doing things like normal. The little girl I nanny for then rode him Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, so he is getting a few days off before the cycle begins again on Thursday.
Rondo, on the other hand, I didn't ride on my own as I'd planned. My trainer did ride him Monday, and I had a lesson on him on Thursday (after which my trainer cantered him a little). I am hoping that with the girl I nanny for riding Panama twice a week, and me giving him some time off this week, I'll be able to ride Rondo a little more this week. Panama being leased a couple days a week might turn out to be a really good thing for me making sure both of my horses get ridden enough!
All in all, it wasn't a terribly successful week, but it wasn't bad, either. I had an extremely busy weekend, and this coming weekend will be the same, so my goal right now is find some time during the week to work on my writing a little -- that definitely suffered the most last week!